Heads up to those who want to go and study in Korea. Geumgang Language Institute is offering Korean Languages Courses with free tuition fees. Apply now until June 30, 2020. Here’s how:
The Korean Language Program is open to all foreigners and will be admitted this September, fall season, in Chungnam (충청남도). All applicants who are fluent in English, Japanese, or Chinese and must be at least a College undergraduate. Accepted applicants will receive a scholarship amounting to 1,500,000 KRW or $1238 that covers the tuition fee. This program has a 15 weeks schedule and additional Korean Cultural Classes will be added.
Classes will be only 4 days a week in Geumgang University, Tuesday-Friday, so you have a chance to go around the campus and enjoy your stay in Korea. The levels offered are beginner, intermediate, and advanced level of Korean proficiency. Successful students will receive a certification at the end of the course. This scholarship program is offered twice a year for spring and fall seasons. The fall semester will start from September 15 and will end on Dec 29, 2020.
Here are the documents you need to submit for the application.
Note: Deadlines of submissions is on June 30.
- (1) A Korean language application form (download)
- (2) A dormitory application form (download)
- (3) A statement of purpose (download)
- (4) A Student consent form (download)
- (5) An official enrollment(completion) certificate from the last school attended.
- (6) An official academic transcript from the last school attended.
- (7) A letter of recommendation from applicant’s professor or boss (if you’re not a student currently)
- (8) A copy of the applicant’s passport and (if possible) alien registration card
- (9) A certificate of health (download)
- (10) 6 Identification photographs (3cmx4cm, Including 2 photos on applications)
- (11) A link (address) of a video introducing yourself in English
The Application Period is from June 1 until June 30, 2020 and accepted applicants will be picked on July 6.
Download the application form here: http://glc.ggu.ac.kr/boder/list.html
and send it through their e-mail on email@example.com
The committee will evaluate you based on the documents you submitted. Make sure you introduce yourself the best you can and make your letter of recommendation impressive to get a higher chance.
The best part is, once you get accepted, you will be also offered a dormitory and will be assigned to a Korean roommate. This can definitely help the successful student since she/he will experience herself/himself to use the Korean language with a local friend.
For further information regarding the scholarship, you can visit their site (http://www.ggu.ac.kr)
Have a sneak peek here on how it feels like to be a student from a former student: